Sunday 27 January 2019

Manor Farm Lesiure - Open

Peg 35 Island Pool
31lb 2oz
5th overall... no good
13 anglers fished

I guess I was due a bad draw, you can't keep drawing flyers / bung holes....... peg 35 Island has been quite poor of late, my second best mate had 12lb off peg 36.  So not good..... freezing wind and 4.5 foot deep, can't see carp been there?  Sure enough I was struggling..... but Gary Watts had 7 before i finally found 1 F1.  Clipped up when struck into fish, then chucked into same area with yellow meat, and 4lb angry turbo common carp.  Another chuck, no bites..... no problem..... stripped off 5 meters of line..... another carp... 5lb mirror!  Errrr that was my lot... searched my peg for nothing.

Pole was ok for skimmers, but no F1's or carp.  Looking bad, especially as peg 6 (best peg in Europe) and Paul started catching on peg 14 in last hour.  So my potential section default prize was rapidly disappearing.  So onto lead, as carp were feeding now.  Errrrr no bites.  So 31lb for a no good in the match, but enjoyed catching rhe skimmers.




If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment