Saturday 26 January 2019

Manor Farm Leisure - Round 5 Winter League

Peg 22 Windmill Pool
54lb
2nd on lake/section
34 people fished (3 no shows)

I was almost last to draw, running late, just for a change 😂.  I drew peg 22 Windmill, which has been alright, so hoped for some decent points.... need a section win to stand any remote chance of getting last in frame, which looks VERY dobutful.

A section win was going to be difficult to acheive, Mark Malin on peg 24 Windmill which is normally great peg, but water level been very low, it could be a struggle.  Ben Sutor on peg 26 Windmill has been very good, Dixey's on peg 10 and 29 and Luke Newton on peg 15 (but the wind is going to be cruel on that peg).

Really slow start.  Only caught roach on everything I done.  I caught 6oz roach on bomb on 3 x 12mm discs of bread (unreal).  Hard pellet line was pants, odd roach again.  1.5 hours in, it was looking bad.  Mark had a F1 and a few bits and bobs, Ben was emptying it, but everyone else apparently was struggling, only a few fish caught.

Decided to go 18 meters down the edge and it was solid with small stocky F1's.  Couldn't believe my luck, apart from the wind, tested my lack of muscles.  Decided to chuck the lead, i had one F1, second chuck and no more 😠.

Last forty mintues I had a few fish on the hard pellet line at 13 meters, but wasn't great.

Pleased to come 2nd on lake.  But 17 points, league is over.  Would need a mircale to happen to get last in frame.  All points are below and with weights.











If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment