Saturday 1 September 2018

Glebe


  • Peg 124
  • 139lb
  • Won section/ lake
  • Third overall
  • 40 ish fished
Another visit to the Glebe, this a venue I definitely need to get on more, especially with this friendly bunch of lads.... I forgot how much of a crack we had.  So will be sorting that out for next year for sure.  Especially as Rick was telling me about the double headers!

I drew peg 124 which was on lake 9, which I had been advised was not ideally where you wanted to be, as the fish are "3lb to 5lb". Errrrrr soon found a few angrey 8lbers and Rick's story of "tea bagging".... don't ask.

For me, it was hard pellet attack and paste.  Paul Law said I'd be alright and he was right.  Had an enjoyable day, good banter, Rick was on form...... unfortunately the lake shut down for the last two hours and we ALL struggled.

Loving these Animo Pellets, they make great paste, also they sink, and of you soak them well you can make great hooker pellets.  I am having a decent run recenty, good draws and great bait goes hand in hand?  

Gear used


Paste
Jon Walker paste float.  0.4
0.18 Garbolino Fluro Line straight through 
12 B911 x strong 
1.8mm Matrix Silk elastic 

Shallow rig
0.1 Jon Walker shallow
0.18
0.14
18 hook

Margin Rig
0.5 gram Jon Walker float
0.18
16 B911 extra strong 
1.8 Matrix Silk elastic 

Top 3

Mark Poppleton 186lb ish
Josh 141lb
Myself 139lb.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment