Saturday 22 September 2018

M.A.M Final - Heronbrook

Peg 6 Canal
61lb
Last
107 fished

Firstly I would like to thank Steve Marshall for running the MAM matches.  I already look forward to 2019.

Heronbrook was todays final, and i drew peg 6 canal, which in my opinion was a decent area, but wanted to be two pegs up, as Peg 8 Canal is normally the flyer as its on the point.  This is closest ive ever got to it.

The match

What a nightmare, the lad (a local) to my right fished very negitive match catching F1's steady short and Stu went down the edge after 30 mintues and didn't look bad.

I couldn't catch F1's and couldn't catch down the edge.  Things looked and were BAD, really looked bad.  Wasn't 100% what to do, so started dumping maggots in the reeds, which worked well, for three drops and three carp for 20lb.  Then it become a battle, loosing a few carp in reeds and wasting time down my edge than would not come alive.  My 61lb was last.   I ain't one of those people that tip back and say i had 100lb, but "whats the point weighing".....

Oh well, third time lucky i hope for next yeah and ill catch a few.


Always try and get board weight.  Paper don't lie

Match lake was surprisingly hard.
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment