Sunday 2 September 2018

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 33
96lb
Won match
16 fished

Back to Ivy House Lakes today, on the canals.  I drew peg 33 on Moorhen, which is good area, so I was told, however I never fished ot before.  More importantly Derek Newson is on peg 37, and we had a £2 side bet and it was all over Derek Newson Fan Page on Facebook.  This was more important than the match...... pride.


Couldn't catch anything on paste down the track.
The first 4 hours was tough, and was really struggling, couldn't get it right.  Paste at 5meters was void...  had some blowing, but only resulted in two small carp.
Everything was caught long, apart from a couple of small carp at 5 meters and a few fish down the edge (1 small carp and 2 bream).


Lovely carp
Lucky enough I started to catch some carp late, and found potting 2mm Marukyu Animo Pellets and maggots, but BIG potting after every fish was best.  Strange..... goes against the grain...... but wish I done it sooner, lucky enough it didn't cost me the match or £2!!!
My Garbolino UK2, seems to be a good luck charm...



Small video of me fishing, nothing fancy.

Gear used


Paste
Jon Walker paste float.  0.2
0.18 Garbolino Fluro Line straight through 
14 B911 x strong 
2.7mm Mosella Ozone Hollow 

Far bank rig 
0.5 gram Jon Walker float
0.18 to 0.16
16 B911 extra strong 
1.8 Matrix Silk elastic 

All the weights from todays match.


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment