Thursday 13 September 2018

Oakside Fishing

Peg 4
18lb 5oz
Second overall
19 fished

Never fished Oakside Fishery before, so was going in blind like a lot of us today.

Today saw the final day of our 5 day festival at Oakside Fishery.  This festival was done on total weight.

None of us was knowing how it was going to fish, was a little exciting, Dangerous Dave told me there was quite a lot of roach, with a chance of skimmers and BIG bream.  So happy days.

Got myself some J Range 3 - 5 hollow and thread that of the morning.  Fished 13 meters on the deck and shallow with maggots, it was better than caster?!?  Not sure why.  Then had 50 roach on single dead red in the last 45 mintues at 5 meters over Nut Skrunch groubdbait, loose feeding hemp and maggots.  Nice day, had 18lb for roach, for second overall. Also I won the 5 day festival.

J Range.  3 - 5 was spot on for today.




I do love catching roach.  I was a little unprepared for this match.  But would love to go again.  I think I could do 25lb of roach next time?



Love my UK2..... seems to be my lucky charm

Pellet Skruch and Luxs Sweet fishmeal 






If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment