Sunday 16 September 2018

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 33
61lb
Second on lakes
4th overall
16 fished

With the girlfriend working, I was going fishing.  Ivy House Lakes was my home for the next few hours...




Last peg in the bag, peg 33 on Moorhen again.  Very slow to begin with... had 11lb of silvers, 8lb of carp in first 5 hours.  Tgen 6 carp in the last hour on dumping maggots to far bank.  A bit rough.  Couldn't catch on paste, or pellets or corn .... The locals keep telling me this is a "flyer", but I feel I could draw on the brook behind me and that would be a flyer 😂😂😂.  On all seriousness looking at the results, peg 33 Moorhen ain't thrown up for while.... no excuses, only like facts, but would love to catch for half the match, and I reckon you could do 150lb to 180lb!!  Next year I will fishing these canals a bit more!! 

For me, the Winter leagues are around the corner, I will focus on Angling Trust Winter league for Devizes, hopefully the team will win it again?  Also I will start going to Manor Farm Leisure now and get a few opens in prior to their winter league, as I'm out of touch on the venue.

All match weights

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment