Saturday 29 September 2018

Angling Trust Canal pairs. Devizes. Pile.

A2
8lb 10oz
Third overall.
Third in zone
Not good enough
Only 18 anglers fished. 😦

My first attempt at the Angling Trust Canal pairs, and my partner was Steve Stretch Saunders.  I drew A2, which was good, mouth of marnia is where you wanted to be, peg 4 and 5 apparently.  Peg 5 wasn't drawn, as one pair didn't turn up.

For me the first thing i took to my peg was a method rod with pop ups.  But looking at the peg and the people of the boat and moving around with bright sun, i didnt fancy a carp.  I had.....  ready.  But never picked it up.

I fished one line with Marukyu Sweet Fishmeal and the other with Marukyu Fine Canal, nice and fruity.  I cupped in 5 BIG balls of fishmeal with dead maggots and a bit of worm at 14.5 meters down the peg atva 30 degree angel and then 13 meters infront and 5 meters.

Boats were busy, so decided not to feed loose worms to begin with

Jon Walker canal special

Nice bag of fish, the picture doesn't do it justice.... just like my decision making today.  Never thought 10lb would win.



I love these Jon Walker canal float... as they are awesome. Why?
1. They don't crack at bristle.  Slapping rig in fast when speed fishing is aggressive.

2. You can see them.  Bad light on them winter leagues.  Very visible.
3. The wire don't bend
4. They don't leak.  They aren't sponges.
5. They are £2 each
6. (Not sponsored)

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment