Monday 27 August 2018

Alvechurch pairs

Peg 25 Canal
128lb
2nd in section
15 pairs fished
4th overall pairs

Alvechurch pairs today with my best mate Gary Donachie.  He drew peg 28 Horseshoe and I drew peg 25 Canal.



I weighed 128lb.  I fished caster, corn and micro mix on far bank to have maybe 80lb in first 4 hours and 50lb on paste on a top kit in last hour.  Lee beat by 7lb for the section.  I was really surprised not to catch down the edge on a top kit with casters?!  A bit gutted and came a little unstuck, as this normally catches me 50lb plus?!  I had two empty pegs to my left too?!

The carp in Colmic Canal are unreal.  So fighting fit like Horseshoe lake 

52lb of Silvers at 14.5 meters was busy shipping.
All results are below.
Looking at the weights, they were awesome.  All that rain, and the pressure on lake, weights are awesome.


Gear used


Paste
Jon Walker paste float.  0.2
0.18 Garbolino Fluro Line straight through 
14 B911 x strong 
2.7mm Mosella Ozone Hollow 

Far bank rig ("mud bank" 😂)
0.5 gram Jon Walker float
0.18 to 0.16
16 B911 extra strong 
1.8 Matrix Silk elastic 

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment