Sunday 5 February 2017

Lower Park Fishery

Peg 12 Willow
13lb
won section/lake
28 anglers fished

Kevin Jury run a match for Charity today, at Lower Park Fishery, for cancer.  Kevin done a fantastic job and raised £950, so great effort!!

We  (frank, liam and myself) all drew end pegs, lol, which was a good thing?!  Mark Malin told me that it would be all about fishing pellets and maggots for F1's and odd carp, and chasing them around by starting new lines and should be a good match, especially if you draw on a few.

Speaking to a few friendly anglers on the day i was told that it would be fishing for mainly F1's and may catch some fish on popped up bread.  Anyway having a good chat with Ken, he seemed to be a little hopeful we would catch a few and the target weight was 30lb as it was always going to be mega tough with the over night frost and bright sun.

The match 

It started really slow and never had a bite on popped up bread, so went on the pole and was concerned as no one was catching... on the phone and Liam was sacking (standard these days) and Frank had a couple of small fish and then my float disappeared and I had a small F1 in the net, must come to Franks voice.....then I  had a little fury, but it went died and I couldn't catch for whatever reason, tried everything. Ken caught well on the waggler late, and if it would of been another 15 mintues of the match he would of beat me.

What a lovely complex Lower Park Fishery is, never been there below, but will be going back.

Liam Dennick won the match....legend by 40lb!!!  See all weights below



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me





No comments:

Post a Comment