Sunday 24 January 2016

Manor Farm Leisure - winter league

Peg 35 Island Pool
72lb 8oz
Won lake
Third overall
36 anglers fished the match


I had a great day yesterday, so the law of averages I would draw poor today?  So when I drew peg 35 Island Pool, I was little disappointed if I'm honest.    In my 6 peg sub section I have 5 end pegs, 18 island (4 empty pegs) 23 Island (3 empty pegs). 27 Island (5 empty pegs), 33 Island (1 empty peg) peg 35 Island ( 1 empty peg) and peg 37 ( 5 empty pegs)........  Great when it works in your favour!  I felt I was boxed in and would really struggle.    However, venue expert, Stephen Partington, advise me he won a match off this peg a few weeks ago on the pole.  So fingers crossed?!  A bit of strange pegging in my opinion....

Slow start, a real struggle, not bread fish!!  This can be a bad sign, as they way not be a head of feeding fish in your peg.  I chucked the bread around a few times and different areas.  No bites on anything, and had a small run on the pole that had been feed very negatively from the beginning of the match.  I felt I was going no where, so chucked pellet feeder tight against the far bank with pellet and caught a welcome 8lb carp!!!   So yellow meat went on and lucky enough I didn't look back.

I was so pleased to weigh 72lb to win the lake and come third overall.  So a welcome pick up and a meal out with the Mrs.

Gear used
Colmic Next Adventure 60 (rod)



Zartan 400 (reel)


0.20 Feeder pro
0.185 X5000
14 Guru hook
Prototype Colmic 30 gram feeder
Yellow meat
Oil pellet

Individual
1ST RONNIE PHAROAH 139-14-0
Harescombe Fishery Peg 12 Middle
2ND IAN GIDDINS 83-4-0
Winter Wonders Peg 20 Middle
3RD CHRIS TELLING 72-4-0
Harescombe Fishery Peg 35 Island
4TH DAVE SIMPKINS 68-10-0
Swindon Enterprise Angling Peg 19 Boundary
5TH CARL MULFORD 57-5-0
C-Class Peg 4 Island
6TH JASON MORRIS 51-8-0
Stratford Fishing & Outdoors Peg 37 Island
Teams on the day
Joint 1ST WINTER WONDERS & HARESCOMBE FISHERY – 9 points
3RD SWINDON ENTERPRISE ANGLING – 10 points
League position following Round 4
1ST WINTER WONDERS – 44 points
2ND STRATFORD FISHING AND OUTDOORS – 45 points
3RD HARESCOMBE FISHERY – 64 points

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment