Saturday 22 June 2019

Heronbrook Fishery - Maver Match This

Peg 9 Bridge (game over)
43lb
68 fished

Back to Heronbrook on Maver Match This and my heart did sink when I drew peg 9 Bridge Pool, realistically I had no chance to the win the match.

However, a slow walk to my peg with no gear, as I thought about going home, not in a sulk.... but why waste a day?  However there was a gentle breeze (needed lots more wind into my corner) in the edge.  Edge was 4.5 foot deep... unreal.  I had loads of room, for us as our section was peg 1, 5, 9, 12 and 14.  I thought fu@k it, ill have a go.  Peg 1 had Steve Openshaw on it, so hoping for him to frame and try and get a section default?!

On the all in, I started short on pellets, no bites and I went down the edge for..... you guessed it, no bites. So went across shallow water, but it was a nightmare getting these F1's out.  Lots of roots on the far bank, after losing a couple of fish and a couple pinning off and resulted up the tree.... it tried my patience.   Edge did come alive, but was only good catching a couple of fish down the edge, but died extremely quickly, one or two quick fish and it would die.

I fished very positively which resulted in me only catching 43lb, peg was worth 90lb, but that would still be no good.  "Onto the next one".




If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment