Saturday 1 June 2019

Alvechurch Fisheries - Cancer Research charity match

Peg 18 Horseshoe
148lb
Won lake
Second overall.
29 fished

This Cancer Research match is an annual match that does touch my heart, especially as this has unfortunately effected my family members.  So I'm always keen to fish this match.

Drew peg 18 on Horseshoe, which is a peg that I've never drawn before, absolute flyer, about time I get a few of these!!! 🤣

The lake has been repegged, so old peg 24 I think.  Which is awesome for Barbel down the edge, and with the little breeze blowing g down into my corner, I should be in for a great day....
Got to love these Barbel from Horseshoe lake, don't they half fight.
Started on paste short, which resulted in fish on and off.... that quick.   I feed the edge from the start with fishery mirco pellets, corn and a few maggots.  Fish were straight down there, so caught barbel for the first hour and no carp!!    Liam Dennick next to me on peg 20 had a few shallow, so getting abused from him, for not catching in the early stages of the match.

I had a couple of bream and carp on paste in open water, to tick me over, held my maggots and mirco allowance back until the last hour and 30 mintues and caught down the edge quite well.  Wouldn't say I "sacked" but had an enjoyable day.  Just big potted mircos and maggots in the last stage of the match and fished it out.  So sometimes I caught 2 or 3 fish off one pot.
A few units got me out of trouble.
All the match weights below....


Gear used

0.3 Jon Waller edge
0.18mm Shimano Aspire line
16 B911 extra strong
2.3 Hollow elastic

Fair play to Mark and the team at Alvechurch Fisheries for running this match.  Really enjoyed it.  Shame I keep coming second, be nice to win.  However, more importantly Alvechurch Fisheries raised £1235 for Cancer Research.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment