Sunday 3 March 2019

Manor Farm Leisure - Island Pool

Peg 23 Island Pool
46lb
No good, but lovely days fishing.
12 fished

I didn't plan to go fishing today, and when i drew peg 23 Island Pool, I wish I went to the gym to be honest.  I seem to draw Peg 23 Island Pool quite a lot and normally either win or come last, and I normally come last....

After yesterday's match, as predicted,  I felt a shallower peg with flat water (if possible) would be best.  And if you know Manor Farm Leisure peg 23 is one of the deepest pegs on the pole line.

My match started at 6 meters for no bites on pellets.  Then went out 14.5 metres, for 2 skimmers and 4lb carp.  I was going no where, so cupped in 4 big balls of Dark Super Blend at 11 metres, as wind is getting up and hoped I could line the skimmers up? Unfortunately the skimmers did come reasonably frequent, but had to have looks for carp.  The pellet feeder was fruitless and so was the edges, well had one crazy Roach/Bream hybrid about 1.5lb.... while having looks for carp, I fed small wet balls of groundbait which helped build my skimmer line, wind was awful.

My one number skimmer groundbait for last few months.

I decided to get my head down and try and catch some skimmers on double dead maggot 4 inches overdepth with a 0.8 gram rig over groundbait. This was quite productive, maybe I should of fed it from the start? I hoped to get an odd F1 or even carp chucked in on this line, which unfortunately didn't happen.  My logic was that if i got 60lb ish, which was achievable, and Fordy won the match, which I thought he may, then there coule be a default prize.  As Manor payout today was first overall and then two sections.  However, Fordy weighed 85lb, so I was nowhere near that.

Manor Farm Leisure will be restocking, and the rumor is that £12,000 worth of F1's across the venue.  This should be taking place very soon
42lb of skimmers

All the weights.... "no lies"
Gear used

Garbolino UK2 Pole
0.6 Jon Walker float
0.18 Garbolino Fluro Line
0.125 Shimano Silk Shock line
1.5mm Vespe Bi Core elastic


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment