Saturday 23 March 2019

Ivy House Lake - Canals

Ivy House Lakes
Peg 41
56lb 12oz
4th overall
Second on my lake
Won Silvers (33lb)
13 fished.

https://www.spottedfin.com/dark-super-blend

First visit to the canals at Ivy House Lakes since last year.  Was hoping to draw on Moorhen as it's been stocked with loads of F1's and little Carp, so LOADS of bites.  Unfortunately draw peg 41 on Kingfisher, which is the bend and is a good skimmer area.  Also Andy (owner) decided to do two separate matches to make it fair.

So the plan is to start on the "rat holes" to try and catch carp, Vince Shipp was bagging and Chris Timms was getting a few early ones.  I just couldn't catch stockies across, had a couple on 4mm pellets over mircos, but I was really struggling.  I didn't wanna go on my skimmer lines too early.

The best line was 7 sections down the middle with groundbait and dead maggots.  Fished 0.3 Jon Walker Slim to 0.13 and 0.08 and 22 Guru F1 hook and single maggot.  Landed two carp on this rig to..   7lb and 6lber.

I my favourite groundbait for swimmers is Spottedfin's Dark Blend with dead maggots and a few fishery mirco pellets in it.

Ralph Hillier won the match with 78lb.  Legend







If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment