Sunday 2 December 2018

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 28
18lb 8oz
Won Silvers
23 fished

Ivy House Lakes Christmas Match today.  Willow and Match pool now have islands in, so its changed quite alot since i was last there.   Drew peg 28, which was a little unknown, as no one had fished it since the work.   The peg used to be 6 foot deep and was only 3.5 foot deep, not 6 foot like it used to be, so i looked a bit silly with 0.75 gram rig, so that went back in the box.

I really didn't fancy it for carp and therefore decided to fish for silvers for most of the match, which I just won.   I honestly believe I wouldn't catch carp in our area.  Andy did manage 3, but he had a bit more room and depth.  And if he found it hard going, then ive got no chance.  So choose to fish for bites and had a great day.  Really enjoyed it.

I simply fished maggots and pinkies at 9 meters.   Caught all roach, apart from 4 small skimmers.  Fished 0.09 on a black gamma, size 18 hook.  I feed just under 1 pint of red maggots, quarter of a pint of pinkies and 1 kilo of Marukyu dark fishmeal....



Love catching roach 


Winner winner chicken dinner.  Gary won with 75lb

Garbolino UK1

Roach Rig
J Range 3 - 5 elastic
4x12 Jon Walker "Silm"
0.14 Garbolino Fluro Line
0.09 Black Gama size 18

Edge/long

2.1 Mosella Ozone Hollow
0.14 Garbolino fluro line
0.12 hooklength
0.2 Jon Walker slapper
Size 20 Guru Slwg


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment