Sunday 9 December 2018

Ian Garner Memorial Match.

Peg 16 Staits Lake
1lb 8oz
13 points out 20.
34 anglers fished
Raised £549.30 for cancer


I drew for us, maybe not the best idea, but i drew pegs 16.  Which saw me on the "beach" (not bikini weather) and Dan on the airetor on small patch of lilies.  Now, i didnt quite know how Dan's peg was going to fair, as it was very clear and looked tough.  Just shows what i know...... 13 Tench later and 51lb!!

For me, just was praying for a bite, spent most of my time on the tip praying for a bite.  Got one, which was a 6 oz skimmer (WTF).  And had one bite on the pole, which was a slighlty bigger skimner 1lb 2oz.  Ouch.   Got beat by Andy burns, who had 2 bites for 19lb 10oz. 1 carp would of saw me and Dan to win Ian's memorial match, but wasn't to be...    gutted.  As i fancied a carp.  Also never caught any roach on the pole.  Unreal.  Top bank saw a few caught.  And Malcom caught some of the bottom bank, but the middle of match was brutel.  As you can see quite a few DNW on Staits.




Top 3 pairs

Andy Burns and Glyn Loveday
Vince Grillo and John Merchant 
Me and Dan Garner 



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment