Sunday 16 December 2018

Harescombe Fisheries - Field Lake

Peg 2 (middle of dam wall)
74lb
Won match
14 anglers fished

Harescombe Fisheries today for their Christmas match, on Field Lake.  Wanted to redeme myself, as I come last on my last match here.

Started off been the good samaritan, as Paul Dicks left his keepnets at home, as he came pleasure fishing, but realised there was a match and he was lucky to get on it, as there was a couple of drop outs.  As a result the draw gods must of been smiling on me and rewarded me a decent peg.  Peg 2 on the dam wall..........

Started on the lead and bread but feed maggots at 7 meters and pellets at 14.5 meters.  Unreal, the first 5 mintues saw 2 carp in the net!! Dream start.... but no bites on anything for next 45 mintues.  Then had another on yellow meat, which is Spotted Fins, Frankfurther with some yellow die.  Closetest thing I found to Mainline NRG.   I think its important not to panic and do something silly like feeding or feed too much.  Looking around the lake, Derek was the only catching down his edge in the early part of the match.  So sat quietly, waiting for them to come back.

Quick looks on the pole proved to be unproductive, so topped them up with small amounts of bait and felt/hoped that i would catch on the pole late.... which I did.

I had 10 carp on the lead, 1 on yellow meat, and the rest on bread and 4 on the pole over pellets.  Biggest fish was 8lb common on the pole and also had 3 skimmers and a few roach on the pole. 

Lead rig

The bread was 3 x 12mm disc on 0.18 to size 14 QM1 and 30cm popped up.

Part of my catch.

All weights off today's match. Very tight for second place, only one fish in it.

Cheers to Andy Price, decent hamper.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment