Saturday 25 August 2018

Alders Farm Fishery - Ash Pool

Peg 1
229lb
Won section by default
4th overall
14 fished

Was looking forward to Alders Farm, haven't been there for ages, so was looking forward to it.  This is my first ever Facebook Angling League match, which is a lot of the crew from MFS (match fishing scence) which i used to be a member of.

14 of us fishing, we had some room, but a heavy down poor the night before, which didn't stop the fish from feeding.

I was lucky and drew peg 1, which is a right BUNG hole!  Caught well on paste at 4 metets to begin with, missed a few bites.... but i had more carp take me under the cafe, which unfortunately result in breakage.  So put the method over the top.  Err lift off, the next hour was awesome.  The fact are, I pit 135lb in the net the first two hours and next 4 hours I chased ghost down the edge and i couldnt keep the coming and tried too hard.... lost fish and lost my way with a disappointing 229lb!!!  Which is unreal.  Don't think I've ever fished a match and caught 229lb and felt disappointed.  Last week and Heronbrook was tough loosing a few big fish, but hopefully learnt a bit for next time. 







If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment