Sunday 12 August 2018

Glebe - Mallory Park. Maver Match This

Peg 80
Won section
103lb
120 fished?

Early start chasing the dream..... Glebe fishery today on the Maver Match This, this is my last "golden ticket" of 2018......

Drew peg 80, which was next peg to where I was last year, so at least I knew where I was going.... decided to fish paste at 5 meters, 13 meters on the "pinging line", which become a paste line, feeder (didn't pick it up) and down the edge line with EFG150 and maggots, which failed to produce.

Like almost everyone on the complex, the first 40 mintues was really good, caught 6 carp in this period and then like a light switch, it turned off.  So went long on the "pinging line" which resulted in a couple of missed bites, so out came the BIG pot and cupped in some pellets and corn and fished the paste long, caught 6 carp on this.... one decent one, that took me all over the lake and mainly into Josh's swim (sorry)...... it was only about 9lb.  With roughly 90 mintues left, i decided to fish 5 meters and pray it would come good!!!??? It didn't and I had 8 carp on the 5 meter line.... just enough to keep me intrested, but knew I was going to be way off the pace for the frame.  Margins were unproductive.

Oh well, thats my campaign over of chasing big money matches.  The Glede was by far the best match for me.  The others i was honestly beat at the draw bag.  I hate to blamme the pegs....  normally poor acuses, but Larford Lakes saw me not leave the "car park" on grass bank on match lake.... Heronbrook was a little rough, last year I couldn't of asked for better pegs.

I must say, without name dropping (does my head in... nothing worse than a brown nose).  Some of these lads fish these matches every weekend throughout the summer and it takes a lot dedication and termination!!! Travelling up and down the country and drawing pegs that have no chance of winning.  I do take my hat off to them.

Pleased to win section..... but way off the pace to qualify.

Peg 80 at Glede.  Moved 10 yards from last year.

Top 3
256lb Matt Higgins
208lb Ben Bell
185lb 15oz Jason Collins 
Gear used

Garbolino UK2
0.18 straight through 
0.3 Jon Walker paste 
2.5mm hollow Ozone elastic

Marukyu Animo Pellets 4mm and 6mm
Corn
EFG150
Dead reds

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment