Thursday 9 August 2018

Alvechurch Fisheries- Horseshoe

Peg 4
125lb
Won match
17 on the lake

I fished Alvechurch tonight, on my favourite lake Horseshoe.  With over night rain and with 17 anglers on the lake, it was going to slow things down a little.

I fished out and out paste, with one line at 14.5 meters and another at 4 meters on the slope.  Feeding fishery pellets and corn.  The paste is made out of EFG150 and ground up fishery pellets.


Started short, at 4 meters to hope to catch a few quick fish, which unfortunately was unproductive.  So went long and big potted corn, with a bit of paste and fishery pellets all mixed in and fished it out.  I found this most productive way of fishing, so loose feeding via a catapult, as you tend to miss lots of line bite, foul hook and loose fish.  Also feeding corn is a heavy and stable bait, which isn't quite so badly wrafted around by the carp when they are feeding.

I was pleased to win the match with 125lb, which was all caught on paste.



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment