Sunday 18 October 2015

Manor Farm Leisure

Peg 24 Windmill
76lb
2nd in section
4th overall
13 fished

Now, not everyone would agree with me, but I feel peg 24 on Windmill Pool is the best peg on the lake and on its day it's one of the best pegs on the venue.  Therefore I was well excited about drawing such a good peg.  So kitted up my Colmic F44 pole with 0.152 Spider F1 and 0.115 Stream on different kinds of pellet floats.  The water level on Manor Farm Leisure is low at the moment, so would encourage you to bring a platform and some wellies.

I caught steady against the island at 13 meters, but was concerned on size of fish as they were averaging 6oz to 10oz, no real bigger ones, but open water was little unproductive, so upped the volume of feed to hopefully encourage larger fish to feed, this had a negative effect and I slowed up, and therefore rested the line and went on the deep line, which saw me continue to catch a smaller stamp of fish still?  Yet Liam Dennick was catching a larger stamp of F1's and odd carp........

This proved to be costly as the match finished close and lost the section/lake by four pound and lost the fishing match but eight pound.   Middle pool noticeably fished better by the rope for whatever reason, the fish on Middle do shoal up when it gets colder.  BUT they can move around, one day they are in late 20's and early pegs, next day they have moved further down.

No fishing for me tomorrow, out with the family.

My next match is the "Manor Pairs" with Frank Donachie.  So we need to flyers, but I feel I may have used up all my luck?!

Open Match Results – Saturday 17th October – Middle & Windmill Pools

1ST CHRIS RUST 84-4-0
Arthur’s Angling Supplies Peg 24 Middle

2ND STEVE PARTINGTON 80-14-0
Arthur’s Angling Supplies Peg 26 Middle

3RD LIAM DENNICK 79-14-0
Evesham Youth Peg 22 Windmill

4TH CHRIS TELLING 76-0-0
Colmic Peg 24 Windmill

5TH STEVE RICH 66-12-0
Cotswold Angling Peg 29 Windmill



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment