Saturday 27 July 2013

Ridgeway Fishery

  • Peg 9 Green
  • 257lb 8oz
  • 1st place
  • 23 anglers fished the match
" I'll be back" as I said to Sam Nobbs, especially after last weeks disaster at Ridgeway, I was looking forward to putting a lot of my wrongs right today.  I stayed on after last weeks match to sort out all the things I did wrong...

  • Pinging regular.
  • Light floats
  • Heavy line
  • Lift and dropping loads
  •  Feed loads!!!!

Ridgeway can be a little doimanted by end pegs and the gaps, so I hoped for a decent draw, so was reasonably pleased with Green 9.  No gap and in the middle of the lane, but I knew there was a lot of fish in the area, after last week.  Mick Lane was on Blue 18, which was golden peg (worth £150), he was the hot favourite to win, there was also another 2 golden pegs also in, but they were less favourable.

Ridgeway can switch off in the middle of the match, and as a lot of carp lakes it can be case of making the most of this time and therefore I had a couple of positive rigs made up and planned to get these carp out in double quick time.

Fed everything via a catapult...... keep feeding even when playing fish




You do need to pull hard at times, as I was fishing right in the trees.......



I planned to fish 18 metres to island, feeding 6mm coarse pellets and fishing 8mm or 6mm banded pellet on the hook.  I was using my trustee Colmic Airon F55 pole with:
  • 3.5mm Colmic Hollow, with 0.25 Colmic x5000 line and 0.20 Colmic Stream and Drennan Carp Feeder 16
  • 2.8mm Vespe Bi Core, with 0.20 Colmic x5000 line and 0.185 Colmic Stream and Drennan Carp feeder 18
  • Floats were both 0.20gram

Paste at 5 meters with 0.20 straight through with a size 12 Drennan Carp feeder hook, which I never fished in the end.  Also I had a couple of down the edge rigs, a 0.4gram Jon Walker float. A heavy float to give stability once loads of fish are present down the edge (didn't happen).

I fished 18 metres all match and caught steady, caught all carp from 3lb to 6 lb on the positive rig, didn't use anything else.  This may seem heavy, but id sooner get them out on riot gear, rather than loosing hook lengths and rigs.  JUST don't hook the far bank.  This pinging method was highly effective today and felt I did very well from this area.

I was pleased to get into the Final, which is on 12 October.
Ridgeway fished well today, with 3 200lb+ weights and a lot of weights over the ton mark.


Frank won his section on the Blues with 157lb (only a small part of his catch)


Chris Davies had 242lb, so it was close

Top 4


Chris Telling 257lb 8oz (Peg 9 Green)

Chris Davies 242lb 4oz (Peg 2 Whites)

Mick Lane 211lb (Peg 18 Blue)

Ryan Shipp 191lb 6oz (14 white)



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me 

No comments:

Post a Comment