Wednesday 11 July 2018

Todber Manor Fishery- Hillview


  • Peg 49
  • 199lb
  • 12 fished.
Set off early to Todber Manor today, aint been here for about 12 years?! 

A beautiful venue, changed loads since I was last here.  A put out a Facebook message on the morning, and a few lads helped me.  Thanks, especially to Chris Perry and Stuart Eaton.

Arrived at the venue early, and walked around Hillview, and really fancied drawing in the late thirties, as the wind was blowing into it. However drew peg 49.  Told it was really good.

I only set up paste short, a couple of margin rigs and two shallow rigs "just in case".

I got battered off next peg!!  Chris, the guy on peg 51, fished meat and groundbait on a top kit all day.

I made quite a few mistakes, i didnt feed enough on the paste line. Must take more pellets next time.  Also my paste was too soft.  Stiffer and smaller pieces was LOADS better

Maggots down the edge.  Needed pot to every fish.... ducks were a nightmare.  Went on it too early.... messed my rythm up on my paste line.

Looking forward to going back VERY soon.

Loads of carp in Hillview around 1lb 8oz ish


Got home to dinner and see us 1 - 0 up





If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment