Sunday 8 July 2018

Manor Farm Leisure- Boundary and Windmill Pools

Peg 35 Boundary Pool
111lb 8oz
Won lake
Second overall.
16 anglers fished


Haven't fished Boundary Pool for months.... or Manor Farm Leisure for while.  I hoped to draw on Windmill to be honest, pegs 34, 26, 24, 4 or 15.  All island pegs.  But got peg 35 Boundary, no complaints, thought it was going to be hard, but fished quite well.

I fished paste at 5 meters to begin and caught big F1's and skimmers.  This was made out over wetted Marukyu Sweet Fishmeal 2mm pellets.  So quick and easy to make.  Feed two tins of corn and 2 pints of 4mm Animo Pellets.  Big potting after 2 fish was best.  I wae suprised how long this line lasted.  This gave me plenty of time to build up my pellet line.... hoping it will be solid.

Then went shallow and caught well, on the tappin rig (mong)..... had 6 F1's in ten mintues.  Then caught in spells with 4mm or 6mm Animo Pellet at 18 inches deep and on the drop rig.

I was lucky to beat Gary Watts by 6oz, especially as I had 8lber at the death.

Gear Used

Garbolino UK1
0.18 Garbolino Fluro Line straight through
12 Guru SWLG
0.2 GRAM Jon Walker paste float

0.2 Gram slapper....

0.4 Jon Walker diamond.

The "mong".  0.18. And 18 inches of line.  😴


Some beautiful fish in Boundary Pool


Board weights - I thought it fished really well, especially Boundary Pool.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment