Saturday 14 April 2018

Manor Farm Leisure - Island, Ash and Windmill pools

Peg 33 Island
51lb
2nd in section

A little disappointed with the draw, was hoping for Windmill Pool (peg 24), but draw Peg 33 Island, which ain't the worse, but certainly not the best.  With this in mind, I was only going to fish for my section, not point trying to win the match and blow the peg.

Caught a couple of F1's on the feeder tight to island, but was behind Neil, not by much, so decided to go on the pole, risky as this was always going to make Neil peg stronger.  The pole was awesome for while, but did die and came back on Stockies and at 2pm in was died.  And unfortunately just saw the section well and truely disappear.

I had 70 fish for 50lb.  Never caught in last 1 hour 30 mintues (well one carp on method).  Cost me my section.... 69 lb won section, well done Neil McKinnon who caught in the feeder..........



Gear used
18 gram Guru method feeder
Sweet Fishmeal method mirco pellets
0.20 to 0.16 hook length

2.5mm Mosella Ozone Hollow elastic 
0.16 to 0.14 to 0.2 gram Jon Walker floats
18 Drennan carp match

Out rig
0.3 Jon Walker Diamond
1.8 Mosella Hollow elastic
0.145 to 0.11
18 Guru LWG


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment