Sunday 2 October 2016

Radcot and Lechlade - Round 1 of Angling Trust Winter League

Peg C6
11lb 15oz
Won match
Team won
48 fished the match

Its funny, I said to Jon Walker yesterday that I would love to draw end peg at Lechlade by the pub and what do I go and do?  Draw the best peg on the river.... no pressure then!!

I kitted up a mountain of gear.... and it was an organised chaos.  My teammate Paz (Paul Passmore) said to target perch, music to my ears from arguably the best angler on the Upper Thames.   However, the match started really slow, I was worried as a good 45 mintues had gone and I was messying up the best peg on the Thames!!  It was concerning as the 6 metre, 14 metre and 14.5 metre chop lines was unproductive with me only catching 3 bleak.  

I was lucky as I had a run of perch on the chop worm and had 12 perch on the bounce!!  This settled my nerves a little and then Bob Davis (Martix bank runner) come up and advise me that my 5lb was good in my section ( 1 hour 30 mintues in).

The match was tough, I caught best on a Colmic Stream 1 gram, 0.152 F1 Spider, 0.09 stream with Hayubussa 128 size 18 hook and various sizes of worm.  Positive rig wasn't too great.   I had 5 bonus perch, biggest about a pound and really disappointed to only catch 5 roach.

Team wise we won it on the day and I won the match individually.  We did tie on points with Gordon League, but they lost on section wins count back. 3 -



Peg by peg 


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment