Sunday 11 September 2016

Swindon Go On Tour 2016



Day One

Gwinear

Peg 6
45lb 6oz
5th overall
No good
25 fished

Haven't fished Gwinear since last year and was looking forward to it, they have stocked some more small carp to make it even better.  They decided to peg all 25 on the outer bank, to give us a feeder chuck.

I drew peg 6 which is the second peg in on left bank, the wind was howling into the bottom bank late teens early twenties, so was a little concerned that fish will follow the wind.

I started on the pellet feeder, which resulted in one small carp...... and felt i was going no where.  Skully caught three carp three quarters way across on the method feeder.   So changed to a method feeder, which result in nothing.  So went on the pole (Colmic 7401 X3 pole) and it was a battle with the strong winds!  I caught a few carp, but suffered presentation issues and unfortunately lost a few too, which proved to be costly.



Day Two

Gold 

Peg 30
58lb 7oz
Won section
90+ fished

I drew peg 30 on Trewlawney, so another match where I'm no where near the famous Twin Oaks peg 12 to 18, so that will have to wait for the Rover Match.  

On arrival to my peg, I realised I was about 1 meter off the far bank, so long lining to far bank with pellets to my left towards Mick O B on peg 31 (but if Martyn Howard asks it was an end peg?!?) and fish worms and meat in front of me.   

Started at meat at 5 meters, which resulted in no bites, so went long on worms and meat and caught a few F1's, but missed a few bites, so dropped down from 0.125 stream to 0.10 stream and started putting F1's and Carriso in the net, looking around it was a struggle.




Day Three

Morgan Porth 

Peg 6
34lb
2nd in my 9 peg section
27 fished



Larry won with 86lb




All weights

Congratulations to Fred Parker and Mick Lane winning festival 



"Fred the bread"

Day four
Trewaters 

Peg 29
103lb
2nd overall
23 fished

I fished meat, worms and caster all cut up.  It was better than pellets, as I suffered badly foul hooking on pellets as it was so winding.  Fishing worms over depth on a bigger rig was so such better.


Had 38lb of Crassios and 18 carp for 65lb 





Day Five
49th in draw
Peg 20 Trelawnly
90lb 2oz
4th overall
142 fished

Well, with drawing 49th in the Rover it was over at the draw bag, never got on Twin Oaks, maybe next year of six years trying!!!???

Decided to got on peg 20 on Trewlawney, and hoped there be some fish in the corner, I had an empty peg to my left, and two pleasure anglers on peg 22 and 23.   So this was going to hopefully help.  

Caught a carp on meat at 1 meter, didn't put my net in, this was the biggest fish on the day, 12lb common.  Then tried for another but no signs, rattled in some meat on the next platform in hope to catch another unit... Didn't happen

Then went across and first fish was a 8lb ghost carp, so in 15 mintues I got 20lb.  Good start.  After that, it was a struggle, couldn't put a run together, frustrating to say the least.  Twin Oaks saw top 3 come off it, 168lb, 134lb, 108lb, me 90lb and then back to Twin Oaks 85lb and 84lb.






Fish of the week.... Mick O B



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me








No comments:

Post a Comment