Thursday 8 September 2016

Manor Farm Leisure - Island Pool

Peg 8
129lb
3rd overall
17 fished the match

Caught the Common Carp on boundary pool after the match.  Some stunning fish.

I was a little concerned dawning in the corner with every other peg in as me and Lee (peg 10) were going to be a little cut off if we were going to cast past half way, the "no chuck rule" wasn't in, so we had a cast, but felt it was taking the pi$$ slightly so didn't wanna do it.

I decided to focus on pole and pellet and bomb at 20 meters.  Cut a long story short, I couldn't catch on a pole and focus my attention on the bomb and pellet, which become very productive at 2pm, but looking around the lake I was behind and really behind Frank Donachie as he had 7 fish before I had one.  So fair play to him winning the match and David Howard coming second to just pip me (drawn peg 14 three times in a row 😜)

Gear used

Next Adventure 60 Rod 11 foot
Zartan 400 reel
0.20 method line
0.152 F1 Spider Line
16 hook (prototype)


Took a battering from Frank Donachie.  Well done dude for winning the match.


http://www.manorfarmleisure.co.uk/2016/09/open-match-results-thursday-8th-september-island-pool-affordable-open/



No comments:

Post a Comment