Saturday 3 September 2016

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 6
105lb
2nd overall 
1st in silvers
23 Fished the match.

Really enjoying fishing Ivy House Lakes at the moment, as I said before I really do feel that Ivy House Lakes is the fairest venue I've fished.

Drawing peg 6 on the Match Lake was a steady area, so I was happy to draw there.  As there was 23 fishing, there was a section on Willow too...  So we all had some room, so it looked to be a good match.

I started on paste and hooked a crazy carp, which pushed my gear to the limit.... Unfortunately it pulled out, didn't break 0.152mm Colmic F1 Spider Line, so strong!  After that I was really struggling and after a fruitless 1 hour, I decided to fish worms in paste mix and this produced a couple of tiny skimmers, a tench and a few roach...... I was going no where.

The last two hours I've fished decided to fish short, especially how strong the wind was, even my Colmic 7401 was struggling in it!!   This paid off massively, not only did I win the Silvers, I also when the lake, but had to settle for second overall as Gary Donachie had won Willow Lake with 120lb.  Well done Gary, them Donachies are good, Frank also won his section.  I caught everything on paste..... I hope to have a run on it, like I did years ago.

Gear used

Colmic 7401 X3 pole 
Colmic Blue Hollow 2.3mm
0.3 Paste float
0.152 Colmic Spider F1 line 
12 Drennan Carp feeder 

Paste mix.  Secret at the moment.







No comments:

Post a Comment