Sunday 20 December 2015

Harescombe Fishery. Christmas Match

Peg 11
21lb 15oz
No good
7th on lake 
35 fished match


Hoping to draw peg 12, 13, 14, 15 on field lake.  But that didn't happen, and had to settle for peg 11 on the Match Lake.  This was going to be tough to compete against pegs 29, 30, 2, 3, 15, 16, 25, as these are apparently the noted "hot spots".  I can't complain, as my last two matches has saw me draw two flyers!! So I was due an average peg.


I started on bread at 13 meters of my Colmic F44 pole and the float didn't move, which was a bit worrying and Ian Didcote to my left had 4 early fish on it.  It was looking a little bleak and then my float did go under it was only a 1oz roach.  Not the start I wanted!!  So went on pellets, lost a fish immediately, was on for 2 seconds and then waited another 20 mintues to get a bite, which was a 6lb Common Carp, on 0.08 Stream, a bit hairie!!!  Amazing what you can do on balance tackle.  So 45 mintues of my fishing match had gone and I had 6lb ish.  One roach and one beautiful Common Carp. 

To be honest, there isn't much else to write about!!! I just felt lost, rotated lines, to catch 1oz roach, very odd 4oz skimmer.  The last 25 mintues saw me catch a few more carp.  In total I had 7 carp for 20lb and 1 small F1, and a few bits and bobs. 

I do need to get better at these snake lakes, as I felt the peg was worth 35lb.  I lost three carp, that pulled out!!!  Unreal, 0.11 Colmic F1 spider and 0.08 Colmic stream takes some punishment




If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment