Friday 26 June 2015

Manor Farm Leisure

Peg 23
105lb
1st place
12 fished

I haven't been Manor Farm Leisure for ages.  I planned to go there today for while, which work and family commitments unfortunately be unable to get there.

I drew peg 23, which was disappointing as there was three pegs left in the bag and peg six was one of them!!! And didn't draw it, gutted.   Anyway, but to peg 23, I do have a love hate relationship with this peg.  I've never done well off this peg.

I felt I had to catch 150lb to do any good, especially as Chris Cameron had a whopping 260lb yesterday.  Incredible weight..  So hopefully my venue record of 350lb will get beat soon??  With a baggin in mind, I had an aggressive set up, 3 edge rigs 0.2, 0.4 and 0.5.  All 0.188 F1 Spider Line.  Awesome stuff!!!    
Shallow rigs, was 2 "tapping rigs"  one " slapping rig" and 2 strung rigs, and a pellet feeder to island.

Started on pellet feeder and caught 1 2lb skimmer.  Went onto the pole, 50 cm with "tapping rig" and had no signs and then went full depth and couldn't get a bite!!!   So went back tapping and had 2 F1's and nothing, so fished out my Colmic F44 out to 16 meters and caught steady for one hour, which in reflection must of been 40lb to 50lb as this was my best part of my match.  After that it was a case of swapping and changing to keep fish coming.



The edge was surprising as I managed to catch 1 F1, 3 carp and a couple of perch.... Strange.  Wind was in my face???!!!

Colmic top kits are so strong, I haven't broke any sections on Colmic Airon F44 pole!! (not bad for 2 years!!!!)

Latest News 

Open Match Results – Thursday 25th June – Island Pool – Affordable Open

1ST CHRIS TELLING 105-0-0
Colmic Airon Peg 23
2ND NORMAN FINCH 81-0-0
Leigh Tackle & Bait Peg 14 
3RD STEVE WILDMAN 80-14-0
RAF Peg 12
4TH ANDY BEASLEY 79-0-0
RAF Garbolino Peg 9
5TH BARRY DUGGAN 74-0-0
Baileys of Warwick Peg 16
6TH BOB YEOMANS 63-0-0
RAF Garbolino Peg 6
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment