Saturday 27 June 2015

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 35
124lb
Won silvers with 104lb
Won match
9 fished




These Bream can't be ignored at Ivy House Lakes

I just can't enough of Ivy House Lakes at the moment, a little disappointed with the turn out, but its still a competitive match regardless of the size.

As I have mention before, I always start short on the negative pellet line at 5 metres, on the slope.  I don't feed anywhere else, unless I have an end peg, then I may start down the edge.  Ideally you wanna catch an early carp and today I was rewarded with a 10lb carp first drop in on a 6mm hard pellet. Unfortunately I wasn't rewarded with any other fish, so cupped in a "toss pot" of my worm mix at 13 metres and then back short and wait for the bubbles on this line , as soon as they do then on you go, if they don't then refeed it again after ten minutes

The worm line was awesome, I catch skimmers and odd Bream.  A little trick is to chase the bream around, if you start catching roach and perch or the bubbles are crazy and you cannot catch your target fish, then move, starting new lines can be highly productive.

Really pleased to catch 104lb Skimmers and Bream, I had one carp on the worm line, which was around the 10lb mark.  My total weight was 124lb, which won the match.







Regular feeding is the key.



















If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment