Tuesday 30 November 2010

My Dad

My Dad

Mick Telling (my dad) is an out and out club man and he enjoys fishing the South Cerney complex, especially Wickwater 2 (hence the photograph below).

My old Man with a nice mirror carp from South Cerney lakes
My dad and my uncle John were a major influence on my fishing in the early days of fishing as a Junior.  I was very lucky as John or my Dad was able to take me all over the place.  My Uncle wasn't so keen on the carping when it came into fashion, but my dad showed a lot more interest.  Me and my dad used to fish High Penn, Wootton Bassett water, this lake was solid with wild carp.  Also the canal at Dezives was awesome, but my pole wasn't long enough to reach the far bank!  The Pile and Willows were our hot spots, and there were hundreds of carp along the canal and I believe these parts are still good, but the boats are issue, as there isn't much access.

South Cerney is where most of our fishing was done, and my dad is still very keen on fishing there. He has had some good weights out of Wickwater 2 in the club matches and his biggest weight is 167lb on the method feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment