Saturday 9 February 2019

Manor Farm Leisure- Round 6 of winter league

Peg 12 Ash
22lb
No good
5 on lake

I needed a load of luck in Manor Farm Leisure's final round of the winter league.  And my luck had almost certainly run out today.  Peg 12 on Ash, has been a decent area in the past, but with strong winds into my face, I would have issues with presentation and wind chin factor.  Also with pegs 5 and 21 not drawn on Ash Pool, this gave pegs 3 and 19 loads of room, but not as much as someone on Boundary Pool 😂.

I had 3 F1's in first hour and lost one at the net.... which proved VERY costly.  All on the lead.  Then had one F1 on the pole at 2.35pm.  Caught some skinmers on dead maggots in the middle of the match, but they were very small, and couldn't line them up.  Horrible feeling seeing your match slip away and I couldn't catch any F1's in last hour.

I came third lake (aka last) 22lb.... lost one F1, which I chinned on yellow meat, eased off and it came off.  This has cost me second on the lake,  23lb was second.  Ouch.....  should of stayed fishing for skimners, but was worried carp/F1's would feed in the last hour.

League wise, Ben Sutor won it. My best mate was second overall.  All results below

1st Ben Sutor (10 points)
2nd Gary Donachie (12 points)
3rd Steve Ford (13 points)
4th Liam Dennick (14 points)
5th Jamie Read ( 16 points)
6th Dixey and Steve Page (19 points)
---
7th me... fastest loser



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment