Thursday 21 February 2019

Ivy House Lakes - Heron Pool

Ivy House Lakes.
Heron Lake
Peg 20
79lb
21 fished.

The pleasure of being your own boss see me have rare day off for me in the week, and Ivy House Lakes was my home for the day.  Good turn out, 21 on a mid week match.

Drew peg 20, which looked nice, fish topping in the area, so happy days.  I fished 14.5 meters with mirco pellets and maggots up the slope.  The fish do seem to have backed off towards island.

I started at 11 meters for two quick fish and had to go long pole and started feeding waggler line, as Vince was sacking on peg 21 (was next to two Vince's), this a good move and i caught well at 14.5 metres for all of the match.

Heron Lake has a few ghost common carp in the lake.

Jon Walker float.

All weights.


I had a lovely day, caught all my on maggots over mirco pellets. I wish I'd fished 14.5 metres a little sooner and had more maggots.

I filled the pot every chuck.  Miss a bite or waiting too long for a bite, refeed it again.  Ship back, don't be lazy.

Double maggot is my best bait on Heron Lake.  Seems to catch bigger fish.


Busy fishing, fed 2.5 pints of mircos and 1/2 pint of maggots.

I had 79lb for second overall.  84lb won it, well done Vince.


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment