Sunday 24 September 2017

River Thames. Lechlade and Radcot

Peg 37 Radcot
9lb 11oz
Won section
42 fished?

I haven't fished a river all year, as I focus on commericals through the summer, as you may know.

I am always a little nervous of my first river match, as I know I will be rusty and will be up against it, as the other anglers have been fishing the River Thames for the last 4 weeks plus, as there has been a lot of good matches (Thames Champs, Turner 400, Swam Open and Thames Festival).  All these matches I seem to unfortunately miss as they clash with other events 😔

The Match

As 99% of the field fishing today's match wanted to draw Lechlade, near the Pub (a drew it last year..... won the Winter League).   However, I drew upstream Radcot, about old peg 57?  "The Spikes".  A good "bits peg", therefore the only thing I set up was my F66.  Main attack was Grounbait and caster for roach at 9 meters and then chop worm short and long.  Simple.  Don't wanna go into too much detail, as we have the first round of the winter league this week and I want our team to do well.



Results

Neil Richards won with 30lb of Roach.   Lechlade
Gary Etheridge was second with 29lb of roach from Lechlade 
Third.   I think was 18lb of Chub?

No comments:

Post a Comment