Wednesday 1 April 2015

Rolfs Lake

Peg 32
164lb (16 carp)
2nd overall
10 fished

After speaking to the local heroes, I feared myself up for a tough match.  Whereby it could be a case of been very patient (I learnt to be, especially with my job as a driving instructor).  We thought that 100lb to 120lb would be a good weight and potentially win the match.  Which could be ten bites from these proper units!!

If you don't know Rolfs Lake it has a very large quarry of VERY big carp. The fish range from b to 20lb and average stamp is ten pound.  The fish are very healthy and well looked after by John Bennett.  Your gear does need to be strong, as I have seen and heard lots of top kits go over the years.  So you need to ensure your pole is up to the job, lucky enough my Colmic F44 pole is solid, no need for me to carry two poles.  

The match was very slow and I got neck ache watching John Bennett catch 5 carp in the first forty minutes, whereas I had only 1.   Looking around the lake, it was the fish started to feed and it got better as time went on.  I caught 3 carp and a few skimmers and "dog" roach.  I went down the edge and caught 13 carp and lost 3, which cost me the match.  Lost a 14lber at the net, hook pulled, I think I pulled a bit too hard.  Hooked 3 carp in the last ten mintues, got 2 out and lost that one by been greedy.  I fish corn and micro pellet down the edge.

16lb 10oz was my biggest fish, I thought it was a lot bigger.  Wanna catch a 20lber, which I yet to do.  Hopefully this weekend?!

Colmic Kerry floats passed the Rolfs test.  Very tough, like hand mades. Impressed


Well done John Bennett


http://www.rolfslake.com

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment