Tuesday 21 April 2015

Ivy House Lakes

Peg 22
88lb
1st place
20 anglers fished the match

Ivy House Lakes again, can't get enough of fishing the match lake.

After 2 hours I had lost all 4 carp I had hooked, one down the edge which was a foul hooked animal and three out in open water which came off within seconds, one did break me!!

I caught on and off up in water with pellets, I had a couple of big F1 carp and a few stockies.  Then I went down the edge with maggots one side and corn and 2mm pellets the other.  Caught a few stockies and carp up to 8lb, no units until after the match.  Wow, the lake came alive at 7pm, after the match had finished.

Gear used down the edge.

Colmic Airon F44 pole

Blue 2.3 colmic hollow 

Colmic Kerry 0.3 to 0.152 colmic spider line and 18 Drennan carp match hook

Colmic Kerry 0.1 to 0.152 colmic spider line and 18 Drennan carp match hook

Orange 3.0mm colmic hollow elastic

Colmic Kerry, 0.5 gram to 0.188 colmic spider line and a 16 drennan carp match.

Open water

0.1 Jon Walker pea. 0.135 spider line to a 0.125 stream hooklength to 18 carp match.







If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment