Saturday 1 June 2013

Manor Farm Leisure - Boundary Pool

  • Peg 6
  • 40lb 6oz
  • 2nd
  • 9 people fished



With the British weather be so awful, I feel we are at least six weeks behind, and therefore fishing has been very difficult and the fish wana spawn, but the weather is preventing this, as it has been way too cold.
Boundary pool is a moody pool, and with the a change of pressure I feel that todays match was going to be hard one, which it was.  With the wind off my back, I was concerned that the feeding fish would follow the wind, but there was F1's topping all over the lake.

With Mark Malin on peg 42 with the wind in his face, this guy is going to be almost unbeatable on the day.  Peg 42 on Boundary has a bit of form at the moment and Mark Malin wouldn't be an angler that would waste this peg. 

I started on the pole at 14 meters and hoped to catch up in the water and down on the deck. also fish a pellet waggler at 25 pellets and fish the bomb over the top. down the edge, but with no ripple down the edge, it would be unlikely for me to catch, which I didn't.
 
I struggled to catch to started with, only a couple of small skimmers, but looking around no one was catching, apart from Mark, who was catching some decent carp, mainly down the edge, feeding groundbait with red maggots.  After trying several methods, bomb, pellet wagglers, pellet splashier, method feeder, I decided to "tap" at 21 meters, but unbelievably it worked, and I did catch a few F1's on it. 
 
The lake did fish hard, as would imagine many venues across the country would of done.

 




 

Just part of Mark's winning catch




Open Match Results – Saturday 1st June – Boundary Pool

1ST                   MARK MALIN                       79-0-0
Colmic/Bait Tech/Vespe Peg 42
2ND                   CHRIS TELLING                    40-6-0
Colmic Peg 6
3RD                   STEVE HEMMING                 39-0-0
Alcester Sports Peg 34

No comments:

Post a Comment