Sunday 14 April 2013

Pewsey - Kennet and Avon Canal

  • Peg 17
  • 3lb 7oz 8
  • 4th overall
  • Won section by default.
  • 21 anglers fished.




After a disappointing Fish O Mania yesterday, I was keen on getting some bites and normally on the Kennet and Avon canal you’re almost guaranteed some bites! However, this is a strange time of year as everything is on turn and the canal can fish funny.

Today’s fishing match was at the Wharf and Milk House and I drew peg 17, at the Wharf, which was on the boats, which is a fairish section, but had 4 end pegs to compete with, so had a bit of a challenge on my hands, also had James Carty next to me, who is on fire at the moment.
I had a nice days fishing, but the last two hours was mega tough and couldn't put any fish together and spent too my time cutting up lob worms in hope of catching some perch, which didn't happen! No one in my 11 peg section caught anything on chop!

That’s two weeks without a big billy, whats going on?

I caught all roach, around 90 fish.  I had an enjoyable day and looking forward to next week’s spring league on the Kennet and Avon canal.

The top 8 anglers that had 3lb plus, very close fishing match.
 
 
My team mate framing again on the canal, Bubbles.
 
Top 5

  1. Paul Giddens 3lb 11oz
  2. Dave Johnson 3lb 10oz
  3. Bubbles 3lb 9oz
  4. Chris Telling 3lb 7oz 8
  5. James Carty 3lb 5oz
See Pewsey angling club link:

http://pewseyfishingclub.com/

Thanks to James Carty for running the match.
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment