Saturday 13 April 2013

Boldings - Fish O Mania

  • Peg 2 Scyamore
  • 24lb 11oz
  • No good

With only one Fish O Mania ticket my chances are slim to get back into the final again. I didn't have much luck with the allocation of tickets this year.



On arrival to my peg I feared my chances were even slimmer as we, peg 2, 4 and 50 would be all sharing our 16 meter line and we could touch poles also!
I had a little room down the edges, but with no activity down the sides, and with added pressure from peg 4 and 50  I knew I would be up against it, even though I hadn't even seen the venue before.

I caught a couple of F1's at 4 meters quickly, but this faded away. So had a quick look down edge which resulted in a couple of F1's around the pound mark on maggots.  Darren Cox on peg 6 had caught a couple of carp, including a big Ghost Carp on the bomb. But I wasn’t worried at this stage as we had plenty of time left, or what Steve Long says “early days kid” and the carp always turn on in the last hour!?

Our pegs 2, 4 and 50 got worse as the match went on and the fish were more difficult to catch.  I was a little disappointed with 24lb, but hey that's fishing I suppose?  This included a 6lb carp, 2 beautiful Barbel and around 15 F1's.

I will be going to Boldings again, a nice venue and look forward to fishing it when it's warmer. It seems like we are having the longest winter ever!




Well done to Darren Cox for winning the match and good luck to him in the final.


See link

http://www.boldingspools.com/

http://www.anglingtrust.net/page.asp?section=467

My target so far:

  • Team was 3rd on the Angling Trust Winter semi final, which is good result as we are through to the final, but would have been nice to win it.
  • Rolfs Festival was a bit of of blow out.
  • Todays match, Fish O, was a mega blow out.
 
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment