Sunday 8 September 2019

Ian Garner Memorial Match - Wickwater

Ian Garner Memorial match.

Back to one of my old habits, South Cerney Angling Club.  Todays match was a pairs match, and I was Gillmans Lake and Dan Garner was on Staits.  We drew Peg 4, which put me on decent peg Gillmans, but Dan on the top end of Staits, which isn't the best, as the carp tend to be further down the lake.

I hoped for a few Tench, failed to catch one, lost one.  It wasnt the best conditions, bright sunshine and flat calm.  But had an enjoyable day catch 9lb 2oz of Roach and Rudd.  Got battered to my right..... bream weights!!!  The people who did catch Tench, caught them very early.  I went straight down my end in hope for a Tench and failed.

Magoo won the match 81lb individually and second in pairs with Terry.

Adi and Dave won the pairs

Raised £630 for charity. ♥️

Thanks to Garner family (Fran, Dan and Nui) for organizing the match and food.  Not many matches you have food at the beginning and end of the match.

All weights below.



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me?

No comments:

Post a Comment