Saturday 10 August 2019

Alvechurch Fisheries - Mick Telling Memorial Final.

Mick Telling Memorial final.

Alvechurch Fisheries.  Horseshoe Lake.

10 finalists

We were greeted with high winds, as it was well windy today (just in case you didn't know 🌬🌬).   Heavy rain for the last few days was always going to slow the venue down, especially as it will effected more, been so shallow.

I personally drew peg 15, which I've never drawn before.  Foolishly I fancied, carried 6 keepnets to my peg with the intentions of emptying it..... With a warm wind in my face, South West wind too, fancied it, maybe 6 keepnets wouldn't be enough??

My plan of attack was short and edge.  Simple.  Corn, paste, pellets and maggots.

I had a smashing time, cracked my number 7 before the match started, then lost two rigs, 5 hook lengths, broke 5 top kits in my pole roost, blew over, good job I lost two pole rigs, otherwise it would of been 7 top kits, as these were on the floor!!  Pulled out of loads fish, as I couldn't present it in the conditions and they were foul hooked.   Last 2.5 hours my peg was solid..... but run out of maggots.  Only 3 pint rule. Paste didn't work!!!!!!! 1 fish. Truly gutted. This match means the world to me.

My day was carnage, worst match I've possibly ever fished in my life.  Weighed 107lb.... my dad would of beat me if he was still alive for my performance today.   In reflection... should of fish a method feeder down my edge.




1. Gary Etheridge 158lb (peg 25)
2. Jamie Read 148lb (peg 18)
3.  Gary Donachie 114lb (peg 8)
4. Chris Telling 107lb (peg 15)
5. Frank Donachie 105lb (peg 2)

All weights below (in picture).

Thanks to Christopher Fanning for his donation to Cancer Research.

Thank you to John Williams for the wine.

Thanks to Mark Olds for hosting us and making us feel welcome.  Great fishery and it fished quite tough today, believe or not.....

I would like to thank people who have supported this event and raised money towards such a great cause!!

Disappointed with those that can't text or ring....  happened on a three matches this year with no shows!!  As a result next year I'll only run one match at Staits Lake at South Cerney.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment