Monday 22 April 2019

Alvechurch Fishery

Peg 3 Canal
128lb
Section win
Second overall
Second in pairs
17 pairs
34 fishing

Alvechurch Fisheries today, I drew peg 3 on the Canal, which is the first time I've ever drawn this peg (only been going for 3 years).  However with pegs 1, 3, 4, 25 and peg 26 in, it is going to be a little tight on our far bank.  Which came evident as the fish would back off quite quickly.  Keith would catch a few, my peg go quiet, then his go quiet and then mine would come alive and the Phil.  So rotation of long and margins was important to keep fish coming, as the weights are normally very tight on this lake.  So every little helps....

With the high pressure, bright sun, not much ripple, pressure of the lake, it fished maybe slightly harder than normal.  So i decided to fish a worms head over fishery mircos on the far bank and worm mix done the edge and as always run out of casters (3 pint limit).  So you cant feed the edge from the off, I normally start once my far bank line begins to fade, so a reserve my bait.

Caught a few paste at 4 meters, feeding corn and fishing paste over the top in the last 30 minutes.

I had lovely days fishing, bites all day, and caught about 50lb of silvers and 75lb Carp.  I kept rotation of margin and long all day, fishing a positive rig, 0.4 gram and a bulk 4 inches from hook.  0.18 mainline and 0.15 hooklength and 16 hook.  The barbel are crazy, i had quite a few just over 1lb 8oz, beautiful fish.  Barbel are the Margot Robbie of fish..... dont think Keith Harding knew what I was on about. The 🤣.


Gary Donachie drew peg 3 Horseshoe for 83lb and second in section.

We were second overall with 3 points, as we tied but were short on weight.  Our 210lb wasn't enough, as Gary Smith and Steve Bellion won it with 230lb.  Well done fellers.


50lb of Silvers (Ide and stunning Barbel)



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment