Sunday 4 November 2018

Manor Farm Leisure

Peg 14 Ash
88lb
2nd on lake (only 5 on lake)
3rd overall
15 fished

Manor Farm Leisure today......just for a change!!! 😂

My last few matches at Manor Farm Leisure have been slightly poor, still caught fish, like the last Winter League.  I came last but had about 70 fish, mainly skimmers, so plenty of bites.  As i say, "take the rough with the smooth".  I seem to be having more rough!!!

Dave (owner) decided to put 5 people on Ash Pool and 10 on Island Pool.   So hoped to be on Ash, and drew peg 14, which is a peg that i would not of choose, as there's 4 better pegs in my opinion.  HOWEVER Steve Partington had 100lb the day before, 5 carp and 20 odd F1's. 

I set up everything, as i had a nasty feeling that middle part of the match could be really rough, which it was and a caught a few on the lead and pellet.  I had an awesome first fifteen mintues on the pole at 6 meters, 3 f1's and 2 skimmers.  Went long and caught a couple of skimmers and a tench!!! Things werent looking good and Gary Watts was catching "skimners" (3lb F1's 😂😂😂) and Mike was emptying it.  And i do mean EMPTYING it on the pole.  An impressive bag of fish, thanks for winning the lake, as this got me the section/lake win by DEFAULT.

I caught best down the edge on 4mm expanders in the last 1.5 hours, only one carp about (7lb) and rest big F1's.  Enjoyable day, as i had to work at it to get bites.

ALL weights below. 





If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment