Thursday 30 November 2017

Thoughts of 2017

Thoughts of 2017

Alders Farm

Alvechurch Fisheries- loved Horseshoe lake.
Winter League

Our Angling Trust Winter league really didn't go to plan as a team, for me individually got off to an awful start at Lechlade and had a tough 5 winter leagues, one match I drew the "Oak Tree" at Chippenham and caught really well in the first hour and 30 mintues and then cried for the rest of the match....
Colmic Devizes MG finished third overall and Gordon League won the league and GBMV came second.  Hopefully 2018 we will do better.


Individually I came third overall in the winter league.  Which isn't bad considering I commerical fish most of the year and then take on the natural pro's.  Of course I would of liked to win it again.



Fish O Mania

I think I may do Fish O Mania this coming year, as they weren't so popular this year, I guess the reason is there more competition with Golden Reel, Maver Match This, and more festivals.  You can only do some much in a year.  Also I think it's a little disappointing that Andy Ford isn't there with the TV cameras on each individual qualifier, so it lost its personal touch.


Maver Match This

I decided to do a couple of Maver Match This's.  Solhampton I got wrong and The Glede I got lucky and come third overall and qualified for the British Pole Champs which was a bit disappointing, as I got it wrong and pegging was very tight in my area.... must of been good area?

Dads memorial

I was really pleased to qualify for my dads memorial at Wickwater 2, my dads favourite lake.  It did fish quite tough, but still very enjoyable.  The canal match I walked the bank and took some photos.  Good match, especially Farmers, Cottages and Road Side was full of little fish.  Looking forward to 2018.  Wickwater is fully booked and the canal match should have about 30 on it, got 25 names already  (30th Nov 2017).


My best match win in 2017. My dads match


Ivy House Lakes

Only managed to fish Ivy House Lakes Lakes 3 times this year, and had 100% success rate, 3 matches and 3 wins. 

Paste was brilliant at Ivy House Lakes.


Heronbrook

Heronbrook a venue that has been quite kind to me, will focus some attention on this venue in 2018, as I have bought a few Golden Reel Tickets and a Maver Match This.   I do like the venue as it can be really aggressive fishing  (feeding loads of bait and catching loads of fish..... hopefully).  I would like few more opens and see if I can do a big weight.

Heronbrook has some proper units in the lake


Alvechurch Fisheries

I've really enjoyed fishing Alvechurch Fishery, especially Horseshoe lake, some beautiful fish in there and plenty of "get out of jail" fish.  So your almost always in the race for a frame place.  Will fish more paste this year, as learnt quite a lot this year.

The Colmic Canal is solid. So many silvers in there, and I've caught over 100lb in couple of matches, which is a great days fishing in anyone's opinion.

Targets for 2018

To enjoy my fishing, regardless of the size of the fishing match.
To win my Dad's memorial match.
To qualify for a big money final.
Catch more than 300lb from Heronbrook











Thanks to Colmic and Marukyu for their individual support.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment