Sunday 1 October 2017

Upper Thames winter league. Round 1. Radcot and Lechlade

C3 (lechlade)
7lb 13oz
5th out of 6th.  Not good
48 fished
Team was third on the day.

Was really looking forward to today's river match and our Upper Thames Winter League.  Hoped to do well again, and was handed C3, which was a good area, but be hard to beat the pegs to my right.  But fancied it none the less.  Was unsure to ball it, so "if in doubt, then go without" is my moto...

Set up 5 roach rigs, waggler rod and 2 chop rigs.  It was only about 4 foot deep and very weedy. Wish I had a rake?  Left it shed....... it's in the van now.

Set up

Colmic Airon F66 pole
Lux float
Stream
Professional 15 float rod

Basically what I learnt last week, didn't work this week.  Loose feeding was key and the heavier it was, the better it become and me relying on groundbait regularly topped up was a waste.  Chop worm didn't work.  A bit gutted, as perch do normally save me, but the "billies" didn't.   So came second to last in section, which was a real disaster for me and more importantly for the team.  As we lost the league match by 2 points.  Sorry lads.  I'm not one to blame the pegs, it was worth 15lb all day long.

I hope to put Melksham/ Chippenham correct next week.



 If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment