Sunday 22 October 2017

Bristol Avon - Chippenham and Melksham- Round 3 Upper Thames

B2
10lb 14oz
2nd in section
6th overall



So I drew suicide straight again, but drew peg B2 which was where Bob Davies was the previous week and came 4th in section with 5lb and James Carty drew it Wednesday just gone and had 2lb.  So was concerned that I woukd struggle to beat B1 and B6 and also which Ian Sheapard (brilliant river angler) on peg B3 (Oak Tree) I was going to big in trouble, not making excuses before I start, just stateing the facts. 

The match.

The wind was awful with this hurricane, so was concerned about fishing long.  However plumming up, the shelf went off at 12 meters and it was only 4.5 foot deep prior to that.   So decide to put two balls of groundbait there and 5 balls at 13 meters and choppie at 16 meters where the peg was deepest and it was just before cabbages.... the wind was going to be he'll.

Start are 6 meters for 3 minnows and Ian below me had caught 2 roach and a small skimmers in that time.  Bugger.  I wanted to rest the 13 meter line, as I hoped to catch a early skimmers.   I went on the 13 meter line and caught a small dace, then a couple of runs through had a roach.  But thought I'd get the skiMyers rig, with double maggot and caught err nothing.   I was getting battered.   Went to 16 meters of my Airon F66 pole and caught two quick perch, 4oz and 6oz.  So refeed it and went on the Grounbait line again, and only caught tiny roach..... 20 mintues on that and back on Choppie and caught 4 perch for 3lb.  Nice.  This put me level with Mick Gale.  So decide to rotate between choppie and 13 meter line.  And caught odd fish between the two lines, had to rest both lines and only take two fish off each.  It was hard work and the Colmic F66 pole was awesome in the wind, even with an angry 2lb Chub that went metal to begin with.....

I was pleased to come second in section.  Was a decent result, would of sooner won, but beating Ian off that peg was going to be mega tough.  All weights are below.


Gear Used

Colmic F66 Pole
1 gram Stream
0.145 X-5000 and 0.125 Stream
14 N600

Colmic Stream



1 gram Lux
0.10 X-5000 and 0.07 Stream
22 B957

Colmic Lux.


10 perch and 1 chub


Colmic Impressive

Peg by peg

Individual table.... doesn't look good for me to win it again...


Unfortunately team came fourth on the day.  So we are 12 points.  
Gordon League and Black More Vale on 5 points 
Talisman 3rd on 9 points.
Us 12 points


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me


No comments:

Post a Comment