Tuesday 9 August 2016

Ivy House Lakes - Costcutter


Peg 21
37lb 12oz
Won section / Lake
18 fished

With 18 anglers fishing the match, Andy (owner) decided put Williow in, and have three sections paying out.  On in silvers and one for overall weight.

I drew peg 21, which was Williow, in the corner.  This peg is defiantly going to be feast or famine peg and I would guess I should catch some lumps late hopefully.  But who knows!!!!???

On arrival there was a bit of a breeze and old fish blowing, but no cruisers.  Worried that this could be tough.  Decided to fish paste at 14 meters with my Colmic Airon F44 pole, with my normal set up and fish maggots down the edge to my right, along the bank which is shallow, 18 inches.

The match was slow and I lost a 15lber at net range on paste, just pulled out..... Gutted.  Waited ages for bites, rotated lines and tried to catch some decent stamp of fish, but failed.  The lake is full of roach and in reflection I should of fish for them for 4.5 hours on casters, I reckon you could do 30lb of them!



I had 4 carp in the last 1 hour 20 mintues and two at 3.10pm straight after each other, down the edge, one 3lber and another 8lber.  Then angler got off his box on the match lake, which sky lined me and I didn't get another bite for 40 mintues.  Could be coincidence?  Awarked as my margin is directly behind him....  I caught two more carp down the edge, late.  So had three carp for 27lb 10oz and 3lber and also 7lb of bits and bobs.  

See weights below


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment